Road Map to Your Job: Navigating to Each Pit Stop on the Road to Employment
Catalyze your job search or internship search! Prepare for a job interview... You are just 1 click and 5 Pit Stops away from finding your dream job! No work experience? Low GPA? Don't let that stop you. This book serves as a handbook to any job or internship seeker and guides readers through five main topics (or Pit Stops) that the reader will tackle on the road to their employment.
*Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for discount information if you are interested in purchasing more than 10 copies.
* Pit Stop # 1: Building a Sound Network
* Pit Stop # 2: Sharpening Your Story (review background, strengths, weaknesses)
* Pit Stop # 3: Populating Your Platform (resume, website, cover letter, portfolio, etc.)
* Pit Stop # 4: Building Confidence and the Ability to Sell (explain your story in any situation)
* Pit Stop # 5: Running over the Interview (put it all together and go tackle the interview)
Each of the Five Pit Stops (sections) in the book starts with the definition and importance of the Pit Stop. Subsequently, the author provides an actionable framework of steps, or Road Map, to practice for each section. After the Road Map in each Pit Stop, the author provides further details, example experiences, and the main takeaways of the Pit Stop. While readers can read straight through the book and apply their learnings, each portion of the book can and should be used for quick and frequent reference.